Wednesday, February 12, 2014



Ejection Reflection….

 

So last night I had to eject a coach for the first time in a “real”/Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA) sanctioned game(I’ve tossed a few during summer leagues/AAU)…and it went a little something like this….HIT IT (Tone Loc..Funky Cold Medina…lol)

 

Me:  Coach, your player is close to getting a Technical if he keeps chirpin

Coach:  Screams…..What the hell did he do? Did he pull a single hair off his head?...Oh you wouldn’t know anything about that!!

Me: Whistle blast…..issuing a technical for disrespecting the game by yelling and cursing, AND for thinking you’re a comedian…funny guy!

I go over to the table and report the incident as I am required to do; I then proceed over to the coach to give him “the speech”.

 
Me: Coach please take a seat on the bench, you must remain seated for the remainder of the contest with the exception of time outs or injury requiring you to check on a player on the floor.

Coach: I’m not sitting down

Me: Coach, please take a seat

Coach:  This is Bull$#!*

Me: blast my whistle even LOUDER now…I issue the 2nd technical and inform the table and athletic director that the coach is disqualified for the remainder of the contest, and must leave the confines of the gym.

Coach: We’ll TALK after the game

Me: Really coach??, you’re going to threaten me right out here on the floor in front of everyone??  Get off floor please!

Coach: I’ll see you after the game

Me: I see you now…LEAVING the gym…lol ….now who’s laughing??

 
The game concludes, and I proceed off the floor into the official’s locker room.  I hear commotion at the door, and the AD and Varsity coach have to restrain the JV coach from trying to enter…seriously??  I casually turn to them and say “let him in”….LOL   they refused to oblige though!

 
Another official doing the next games says to me, “that was the calmest ejection that I have ever seen in my life”….lol


I am now required to complete and submit and Ejection form online!!….do I get paid extra for this administrative time I have to put in for some hot head that thought he was funny??  Pretty sure he’s not laughing today!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment